The Defence and Security Symposium (DSS) is an annual event which brings together participants from Defence, industry and academia to exchange ideas and information and to connect with decision-makers from Defence, academic researchers and industry capability developers.
This symposium aims to bring together subject matter experts from government, industry, and academia to discuss the development of Defence and Industry Sovereign Capability for the Defence and Security of Australia. Some of the key capabilities identified include:
- Robotics, Autonomous Systems and Artificial Intelligence
- Power and Energy/Green Hydrogen
- Information Warfare and Cyber Capabilities
- Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
- Advanced and Networked Sensing
- Health, Nutrition and Technology Driven Training
- Quantum Technology for Sensing and Imaging, Communication and Cryptography and Computing and Simulation
- Space Technologies
This is an invitation to academics, defence research institutions, commercial organisations, and the military to attend and/or offer papers in the field of developing Australia’s Defence and Industry Sovereign capability and associated disciplines.