Professional Engineering Ethics and Conduct
March 7 @ 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
This course presents the laws and rules of ethics and professional responsibility governing the practice of engineering in the state of Wisconsin. This PDH course applies to Professional Engineers licensed in the states of Wisconsin and Michigan who are required to demonstrate continuing professional competency in engineering ethics as a condition of their renewal.
• NSPE Code of Ethics Overview
– Fundamental Canons
– Rules of practice – based on the 5 fundamental Canons
– Professional Obligations – students will review the 9 Professional Obligations and their subparts
– Supreme Court decision
• Examine 8-9 Case Studies with Q&A and discussion
• Review of the Wisconsin State statute
This presentation will count for Professional Development Hours (PDH) for the PE License in Wisconsin and Michigan.