- This event has passed.
Micro Tutorial: Introduction to Root Cause Analysis
August 13 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a popular and often-used technique that helps people answer the question of why the problem occurred in the first place. Root Cause Analysis seeks to identify the origin of a problem. It uses a specific set of steps, with tools such as the 5 Whys and Cause & Effect Diagram, to find the primary cause of the problem, so that you can determine what happened, why it happened and figure out what to do to prevent its recurrence.
This tutorial has been prepared for beginners to help them understand the basics of Root Cause Analysis. After completing this tutorial, you will find yourself at a moderate level of expertise, from where you can advance further.
Key Target/Objective: This entire seminar is designed to enable folks to be well informed on the higher level technical aspects of RCA Philosophy, so they can step into this world with full confidence, with the right perspective. Part of the PACE activities (Professional Activities Committe for Engineers). So what is PACE?
The Professional Activities Committee for Engineers (PACE) of the IEEE Southeastern Michigan Section, promotes the professional interests of IEEE USA members in this Section. PACE activities may include:
* Workshops on career issues (e.g., networking, career planning, career transitions, interviewing skills)
* Skill training workshops (e.g., entrepreneurship, effective speaking, technical writing, soft skills, critical thinking, leadership skills, etc)
* Government policy as it affects Engineering and Technology.
- August 13
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Event Tags:
- actuators, and network connectivity collect, buildings, computing system kalwani sharan 2022 #ieeesemich professional, cyber-physical systems, embedded electronics, exchange data, intelligent transportation, root cause analysis methodology connected devices, smart, smart cities, smart grids, smart homes, software, virtual power plants
- Region 4 (Central US)
- Affiliated Group Name
- Southeastern Michigan Section Chapter, C16